ACA Forms Defined
New Affordable Care Act Required Forms:
• Form 1095-B: Health Coverage. Filed with the IRS and provided to taxpayers by insurers, as well as by self-insured employers that are not subject to the employer “shared responsibility” mandate. This will verify that individuals have minimum essential coverage that complies with the individual coverage requirements.
• Form 1095-C: Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage. Filed by employers with 50 or more full-time or full-time equivalent employees to verify their compliance with the employer “shared responsibility” mandate. Form 1095-C will also be used to establish employee eligibility for premium tax credits if the employer does not offer affordable and adequate coverage.
• Form 1094-B: Transmittal of Health Coverage Information Returns and Form 1094-C: Transmittal of Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage Information Returns. These are the transmittal forms that insurers and employers will use to transmit the individual 1095-Bs and 1095-Cs to the IRS.
We are here to support you with an ACA solution that is cost-effective and easy-to-use. Our Employee Navigator ACA reporting solution can:
– Print & mail IRS Form 1095-C and 1094-C to employees
– Print & mail IRS 1095-B for self-funded employers
– E-file IRS Form 1094-C for employers
Submissions to file the 1095 may be completed up until 8:00 PM EST on February 1, 2016.