United Healthcare Updates: Premium Relief & New Digital Tool
UnitedHealth Group to Provide Over $1.5 Billion in Assistance and Premium Support to Customers
UnitedHealth Group has announced additional action to directly support people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic by providing over $1.5 billion of additional support for its customers. Premium relief in NC will be 5% for Key Accounts groups. Credits will be applied to July premium billings received by customers in June. There will be a bill-stuffer in the July bill, which arrives in June, explaining the premium relief on the statement. This is the only communication on amount that customers will receive. UnitedHealthcare will not send lists of customers with specific amounts to account representatives or brokers.
The credit applies to all fully insured individual and group medical plans and group dental customers. Hearing, vision, financial, student and USHEALTH products are excluded from the credit. All policyholders with the same state of issue and segment (individual, small, large), will receive the same percentage. Customers with group dental may see a separate credit applied to their bill. For NC groups in Key Accounts the credit is 5% of their May premium. (The credit for NC groups in Small Business is 10%.)
If you have any questions, please contact your account manager.
New Digital Tool to Help Educate UnitedHealthcare Members on Health Plan, Improved Health, and Lower Cost
The Employee Engagement Planner (the Planner) is a new digital tool designed to help fully insured customers quickly and easily get communications for employees. The goal is to make it easier for them to help employees understand their health plan, improve their health and lower their costs.
The Planner auto-populates a full plan year’s calendar with timely, relevant communications so brokers and customers know what to send and when to send them. In addition to the calendar, users can view all topics included in the Planner at any time, organized from communications to help employees get started with their health plan, to health and wellness programs, to digital tools and resources.
Communications can be downloaded instantly, or packaged together to share from one single email. Planner users can also set reminder email preferences for themselves, which will notify them when they have an upcoming communication to send to employees.
Value to Employers:
- Get materials faster. A few clicks puts ready-to-send employee emails, fliers and brochures at users’ fingertips.
- Save time. No more searching, because everything’s in one place — organized by topic and calendar view. Plus, users can set email alerts when it’s time to share communications with employees.
- Spread the news. Content calendars make it easier to keep employees informed on the most important topics throughout the plan year.
Value to Employees:
- Prepare for their new health plan. Employees will learn actions to take before their health plan begins.
- Start using their health plan. Communications detail how the plan works, how to avoid cost surprises, where to go for care and more. In fact, 78% of members found UnitedHealthcare onboarding materials helpful in understanding their plan.
- Learn about the perks of the plan. Employees will become familiar with the health and wellness programs included in their plan.
To Register, go to employereservices.optum.com > Employee Engagement Planner.