UnitedHealthcare & Optum: COVID-19 Support
As the numbers of those affected by COVID-19 grow, UnitedHealthcare and Optum are taking action to ensure that members have the support and resources they need:
- Free Access to Testing
- UHC has waived all member cost sharing (including copays, coinsurance, and deductibles) for COVID-19 diagnostic testing provided at approved locations in accordance with CDC guidelines for all commercial insured, Medicaid, and Medicare members (as well as self-insured customers choosing to implement similar actions). Costs for visits associated with COVID-19 testing will also be waived, whether the care is received in a physician’s office, telehealth visit, an urgent care center, or an emergency department.
- Free Access to Telehealth
- Health plan members are encouraged to use UHC’s Virtual Visit capability, available 24/7 through www.uhc.com and the UnitedHealthcare app, to help answer any general questions or concerns you might have. Virtual Visits can be used for advice and guidance about COVID-19, but cannot be used to test for or treat it. All costs for Virtual Visits are waived.
- Local medical providers may also be able to provide a telehealth visit through live video-conferencing. Talk to your doctor. Costs for local provider telehealth visits for COVID-19 are also waived.
- Free Access to Emotional Support
- Optum’s Emotional-Support Help Line is available to support anyone who may be experiencing anxiety or stress following the recent developments around COVID-19. The free service can be reached 24/7 at (866) 342-6892, and is open to all (even non-UHC members). In addition to emotional support, Financial and Legal Support may be provided as well. These resources and information are also available online at www.liveandworkwell.com
- Early Medication Refills
- Eligible UHC and OptumRx members needing help obtaining an early prescription refill can call the customer care number located on the back of their health plan ID card for assistance.
- COVID-19 Briefings
- UnitedHealthcare leaders are hosting weekly external calls to ensure a predictable, reliable source of information for UHC partners and customers. UHC members are encouraged to attend in person to obtain the current information on the COVID-19 situation.
- Special COVID-19 Enrollment for Employees/Dependents who Initially Waived Coverage
- To assist employees in accessing care in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, UnitedHealthcare is offering a Special COVID-19 Enrollment Opportunity until April 6, 2020. This enrollment opportunity is intended to provide employees and dependents who previously waived coverage at the time they were first eligible with the opportunity to enroll in benefits (medical, pharmacy, dental, vision). Dependents, such as spouses and children, can be added as long as they are enrolled in the same coverage or benefit option as the employee. Standard waiting periods will be waived, however, existing eligibility and state guidelines will apply. For more information from UnitedHealthcare’s official notice, please click the following link: COVID_Notice of Special Enrollment. Employers are welcome to use this notice to distribute to their employees.
To learn more about how UHC is supporting you and your community, and to obtain immediate COVID-19 updates, you can visit their website at www.uhc.com, download the UnitedHealthcare app, and/or click the button below to read their news release:UHC Group Takes Action to Provide Members with COVID-19 Support and Resources
The UnitedHealth Group has also released an “Enterprise Resiliency & Response Program Customer Overview”, which you can read by clicking the following link: